Security has been stepped up at some German carnival processions after a local man ploughed his car into a parade, injuring 61 people, including 20 children.
Damaging winds, heavy rainfall and possible flash flooding are predicted across the Top End as ex-tropical cyclone Esther continues to move westward.
Countries need to prepare immediately for an outbreak of the novel coronavirus so they can respond rapidly when it arrives, a top World Health Organisation expert says.
Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga expects clubs to try and manipulate the NRL's new captain's challenge system to stall time, even if he is a fan of the process.
Thousands of classified US diplomatic files obtained by WikiLeaks were only made public after the password to unlock the trove was published in a book, Julian Assange's lawyer says.
Global stock markets have stabilised on Tuesday after a wave of early selling petered out and Wall Street futures managed a solid bounce after the previous day's sharp sell-off on fears about the spreading coronavirus.
The World Health Organisation has named the illness COVID-19, referring to its origin late last year and the coronavirus that causes it.
The Northern Territory's Chief Minister Michael Gunner will not guarantee he will remain Labor leader when voters go to the polls in August.
The military watchdog is investigating 55 separate allegations of unlawful conduct in Afghanistan by Australian soldiers.
The manager of a Cairns childcare centre told authorities "my whole life is over" after finding the body of a toddler in the back of the kindy bus he had been driving.
More Articles ...
- Coronavirus a global health crisis: PM
- Reynolds has legends' backing as captain
- More must be done on ovarian cancer: PM
- The Greens leader with the pro-mining plan
- Weinstein guilty of sex assault, rape
- Another Aussie cruiser has coronavirus
- Raiders ready to be hunted in 2020 NRL
- Federal MP opens up on domestic violence
- Dreamworld mum waits for proper apology
- NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson dies