Australia is facing a very average autumn - a piece of welcome news after a horror summer that reduced swathes of the country to ashes.
NRL star Josh Reynolds has described his relief after police said they will drop a domestic violence charge against him with the player saying it's been one of the most "tumultuous and difficult" periods in his life.
Social workers helping people in the homelessness, domestic violence, disability and mental health sectors are at risk of losing their jobs if federal funding is not extended.
Charities are being forced to engage cybersecurity experts to combat fraudulent claims for assistance with the Australian Red Cross having to fend off hundreds of bot-generated submissions for bushfire relief grants.
Record numbers of Year 6 students are reaching a proficient standard in science but the national report card still reads "must do better".
The remains of a teenager missing for two days have been found in the lions' enclosure at a safari park in Pakistan.
The boyfriend of missing Brisbane teenager Tiffany Taylor has called the man accused of her murder a maggot as he stepped from the witness box.
Police say they'll drop a domestic violence charge against Josh Reynolds at the NRL star's next court appearance.
He's now a convicted drug trafficker, but after an "extreme wake-up call" ex-Newcastle Knights NRL captain Jarrod Mullen wants to return to professional rugby league.
Jake Clifford will get another chance to press his claims for the North Queensland No.6 with halves rival Scott Drinkwater sidelined for the pre-season trial against Melbourne on Saturday.
More Articles ...
- Holmes' comforts helpful in NRL return
- Manly rep stars to miss opening NRL rounds
- Homes evacuated as Qld flood water rises
- Lack of power 'horrifying': Assange father
- Coercive control would be a crime: Qld LNP
- FBI raids Canadian mogul's New York office
- Tokyo Olympics could be cancelled: Pound
- Knights a "desperate suitor" of Ponga
- Sex criminal Orkopoulos loses his parole
- Daughter killed in row over her drug use