An adult boa constrictor at least three metres long is on the loose outside Warragamba in Sydney's far west.
An investigation is underway into a major blackout that hit the Alice Springs area, with union officials saying the outage could have been avoided.
Australia has declared Turkey alone is responsible for the escape of Islamic State fighters from custody in Syria.
Benign small cane toads are being released ahead of the toxic bigger ones at the frontline of the invasion in Western Australia's Kimberley region, in a bid to teach native predators not to eat them.
The plight of Australians subsisting on Newstart is in the spotlight again during Anti-Poverty Week, but the Morrison government isn't budging in the face of widespread calls to lift the dole payment.
A central Queensland town is still braced to run out of water by Christmas despite a welcome 95mm weekend downpour.
More than 1300 animals died in a six-month period of live exports from Australia, a figure representing less than 0.15 per cent of the total shipped offshore.
Incarcerated Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has found an unlikely ally in coalition maverick Barnaby Joyce who is calling on the federal government to stop the Australian being extradited from the United Kingdom to America.
Pauline Hanson's One Nation will abstain from voting on "non-critical" legislation in the Senate until the Morrison government steps in to save dairy farmers.
The big banks will be compelled to explain to the competition watchdog why they're not passing on interest rate cuts, as customers are urged to shop around for better deals.
More Articles ...
- Cowboys sign Marsters on three-year deal
- Qld bracing for long, dry bushfire season
- Fifth victim in Chicago shooting dies
- Competition watchdog to investigate banks
- NRL investigates Storm over alleged brawl
- Patron stabbed in botched SA hotel robbery
- Alleged burglar nabbed in Melbourne house
- Cop bill over climate change protest
- Cops catch driver at four times over limit
- Perth traffic stop turns into drug bust