Residents in far north Queensland have been warned to prepare for heavy rains and gale force winds as tropical Cyclone Owen intensifies.
Scott Morrison will hear pleas for more migrants and more infrastructure funding at his first meeting with state and territory leaders.
Some young Queenslanders offenders could be forced to face their victims instead of serving jail time to try to stop reoffending by making them feel more accountable.
Australians need to change their attitude to waste and consider it a resource rather than a burden.
Growers and advocates are placing hope in medicinal cannabis to provide a much-needed change of fortune for struggling New Zealand communities.
Moving migrants to regions that want more people was considered under John Howard but the former prime minister says it was a hard problem to solve.
TOP INTERNATIONAL STORIES OF 2018DONALD TRUMPDonald Trump continued to dominate international news in 2018, upsetting friend and foe alike with his grandstanding style of America First politics.
A TIMELINE OF INTERNATIONAL EVENTS THAT GRABBED OUR ATTENTION AND SHAPED THE WORLD IN 2018:Jan 3 - US President Donald Trump boasts on Twitter that his nuclear button is "much bigger and more powerful" than North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's.
Population growth and employment opportunities in the Northern Territory will be the focus of Chief Minister Michael Gunner when he meets with other state and territory leaders and the prime minister.
Two people involved in a 16-hour overnight armed siege at a home in Launceston have been charged by police.
More Articles ...
- Study shows how coral develops resilience
- Aussie team in poo breakthrough
- Woman impaled by catfish in north Qld
- Terror threat unlikely to change soon: cop
- Tributes for pilot killed in Tas crash
- India beat shattered Aussies by 31 runs
- Major parties tussle over refugee risks
- Cowboys to gamble on off the cuff attack
- Falling education standards prompts review
- Migrant deal to attract workers to the NT