Citing reputational risk from poor animal welfare practice, New Zealand is banning live exports of animals by sea.
Christine Holgate has revealed she was suicidal after being forced out as Australia Post boss in a scathing excoriation of Scott Morrison.
Australia has recorded its 910th coronavirus death with all bar five involving people aged 50 and over.
Poker machines at Tasmania's two casinos have been offline since the Easter weekend due to a ransomware cyber attack.
Health authorities are grappling with the nation's first coronavirus death for the year as a second case of a rare blood clot believed to be linked to the AstraZeneca jab is recorded.
Hundreds of properties in the West Australian town of Kalbarri are feared to have been destroyed or sustained major damage from Tropical Cyclone Seroja.
The Morrison government and senior health officials are refusing to put a time on Australia's coronavirus vaccine rollout after officially dumping the October target.
The US continues to make rapid strides with its vaccination programme, announcing that health care workers have carried out more than 4.6 million vaccinations in one day.
A body believed to be an elderly NSW woman whose empty car was pulled from floodwaters has been found washed up on a riverbank.
Australia's coal-fired power stations produce 12 million tonnes of ash every year.
More Articles ...
- Charles speaks of Philip, funeral set
- World reacts to death of Prince Philip
- Fifita-inspired Titans beat Knights in NRL
- EU agency looks at J&J jab, clot link
- Death of Prince Philip: what happens next?
- Talks for trans-Tasman cruise ship restart
- Australians pay tribute to Prince Philip
- Prince Philip dies at Windsor aged 99
- Under-50s AstraZeneca jabs on hold in Tas
- Vaccine winds blow jab rollout off course