Scott Morrison is confident Australia can get through a global coronavirus pandemic without a high death toll as his government prepares to ramp up the response to the crisis.
A woman has allegedly been caught with 40 bags of cocaine hidden inside her bra while in a car in Sydney's inner Kings Cross district.
A 14-year-old boy is facing attempted murder charges over a knife attack on two younger pupils at a Queensland school.
A man has lost part of his ear after it was bitten off during a fist fight in Sydney's inner west.
Fake Tahitian prince Joel Morehu-Barlow, who was imprisoned over the theft of $16 million from Queensland Health, has been released from jail and deported to New Zealand.
Canada will no longer provide security for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle once the couple are no longer working members of the British royal family in the coming weeks, the Canadian government says.
The coronavirus outbreak means Australia will have 1.8 million fewer international visitors in the first six months of this year compared to last year, a group representing tourism and transport companies says.
The sight of Jack Riewoldt, on all fours, peering out from the stairs behind the MCG bench was the source of some mirth a decade ago but a lot has changed since then.
His rivals have got a head start on Brisbane's wing positions for 2020 but Corey Oates has enough credits in his NRL bank with coach Anthony Seibold.
Australia's travel ban on people coming from China has been extended for a further week as the government enacted an emergency response plan to deal with the coronavirus.
More Articles ...
- Katherine's mayor welcomes PFAS settlement
- Gunman kills five at Milwaukee brewery
- Flu season may converge with coronavirus
- Doctors feel effect of virus paranoia
- Proposals to tackle Qld domestic violence
- Nationals MP joins push for Newstart hike
- Defence to settle firefighting foam action
- Dutton not opposed to anthem word change
- Glenn ready for NRL Broncos challenge
- Risk of virus pandemic upon us: Morrison