NSW Health has reported 19 new cases of COVID-19 in the last reporting period that includes:
- Three people associated with the Crossroads Hotel cluster
- Nine people associated with the Thai Rock restaurant cluster
- Three cases are still under investigation
- One South Western Sydney resident who acquired their infection in Victoria and has been self-isolating since arriving in NSW
- Three are returned travellers in hotel quarantine.
One of the cases associated today with the Thai Rock cluster is a child who attended Tomaree Public School. The school will is closed today while contact tracing and cleaning is underway.
Another case associated with the Thai Rock cluster is a young child who attends Goodstart Early Learning Anna Bay. The centre will be closed today while contact tracing and cleaning is underway.
Hunter New England Local Health District is urging anyone who visited the following locations to watch for COVID-19 symptoms and get tested immediately should any respiratory symptoms or fever occur:
- Salamander Bay Village Woolworths on 17 July between 2.30pm to closing time, 18 July between 4pm to closing time, 19 July between 12.45pm to closing time, and 20 July between 3pm to closing time.
- The Fingal Bay Café and Takeaway on 17 July between 11.30am – 12 midday.
The Woolworths store has been deep cleaned overnight with extra attention to touch points. The Café has also been thoroughly cleaned and there is no ongoing risk to the community at this venue.
A new three lane drive through clinic will open at Tomaree Sports Complex, 20 Aquatic Cl, Nelson Bay, this afternoon and will then operate 8am-4pm seven days however hours will be extended as required to meet demand.
Port Stephens is on high alert after more cases of COVID-19.
There are reportedly three more confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to a man in his 60s who contracted the virus from a man in 20s from Sydney who visited the area and is linked to the Thai Rock Restaurant cluster.
Tomaree Public School and Tomaree High School are closed today for contact tracing and deep cleaning, so is Goodstart Anna Bay Childcare Centre.
More information will be released by Hunter New England Health later this morning.