Local firies are urging the Upper Hunter to keep looking while you're cooking.
The Edinglassie Rural Fire Service crew was called to a home on the southern side of Muswellbrook last night following reports of an explosion.
Crews arrived to find food in a convection microwave had been overcooked and turned to charcoal.
Luckily no one suffered any major injuries and the kitchen wasn’t damaged either.
Edinglassie RFS says this incident could of been a whole lot worse for everyone involved.
If you are cooking please make sure you keep looking whilst you have appliances turned on in the kitchen.
Image credit: Edinglassie Rural Fire Brigade https://www.facebook.com/Edinglassie/