The Hunter New England has recorded 2,961 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24-hours.
Of the newly confirmed infections, 137 were identified in the Upper Hunter regions.
It included 97 in Singleton, 22 in Muswellbrook and 18 in the Upper Hunter Shire.
There are 11,422 active cases throughout the overall district.
71 active cases are being cared for in hospitals and five are currently in ICU.
New South Wales leaped into a new thousands threshold after recording 35,054 new locally acquired cases.
There are 1,491 people in hospital across the state and 119 in ICU.
NSW Health is reporting the deaths of eight people with COVID-19, six men and two women.
Of the 2,961 new cases in the Hunter New England:
- 704 are from Newcastle LGA
- 684 are from Lake Macquarie LGA
- 450 are from Maitland LGA
- 223 are from Port Stephens LGA
- 213 are from Mid Coast LGA
- 163 are from Tamworth Regional LGA
- 135 are from Cessnock LGA
- 97 are from Singleton LGA
- 91 are from Narrabri LGA
- 71 are from Moree Plains LGA
- 29 are from Armidale Regional LGA
- 22 are from Muswellbrook LGA
- 20 are from Gunnedah LGA
- 19 are from Dungog LGA
- 18 are from Upper Hunter LGA
- 9 are from Liverpool Plains LGA
- 3 are from Walcha LGA
- 5 are from Uralla LGA
- 2 are from Gwydir LGA
- 2 are from Inverell LGA
- 1 is from Glen Innes LGA