Advertisement

Hearing date set for alleged Scone sex attacker

December 19, 2023 1:20 pm in by
Image: Darren Cutrupi

A hearing date has been set down for a man accused of randomly attacking an 18-year-old girl in Scone late last month.

Police allege 26-year-old Solomon Island National Nicholas Daota attacked the woman as she walked along Victoria Street, Scone in the early hours on Sunday 26 November 2023.

He is charged with sexual touching, common assault, choking and intimidation.

Article continues after this ad
Advertisement

His lawyer Hayley Rushworth told Muswellbrook Local Court today, Mr Daota was not applying for bail and formally entered pleas of not guilty to the four offences.

The court previously heard the accused is in the Upper Hunter on a working visa with a wife and two children back home.

Magistrate Kevin Hockey was also told the Director of Public Prosecutions had elected not to try the case in a higher court.

He set down the hearing for Monday 11 March 2024.

Mr Daota will remain in custody until then.

Article continues after this ad
Advertisement
Advertisement

Keep up to date

Sign up for our newsletter